Friday, October 7, 2022

Upcoming Projects - Steggo's Secret Lab Edition!

The blog has been a bit more quiet than I'd like lately, but Steggo has been hard at work building several pedals - some for the shop, some for personal use, and some (read a lot of) prototype testing as well. Several of the major board manufacturers have had sales recently, and Steggo has been stocking up... as in I think I'm going to have to expand PCB storage! In fact, there are so many in line now, the art department has been working overtime just to get enclosures designed. Production has been churning right along, and Steggo has several more surprises on the way in the next set of enclosures due to arrive next week. So in this installment, Steggo takes us into the secret lab and shows us what's on the horizon for the Studio!


AionFX has recently released a few new boards including the Elysium (Ibanez EM5 Echomachine), Lithium (EHX Small Clone Chorus), and Sunstone (EHX Small Stone Phaser) - all pictured below. I went ahead and picked up one of each during their recent sale, along with some new Nucleus boards (AKA Thagomizer I and Thagomizer MOD boards!). I'll see how the new ones turn out and then decide if Steggo will make a few for the shop. At this point, Steggo doesn't have a lot in the way of modulation boards (though that will be changing). Of the three, the Echomachine is the most likely to make the cut because while I can make the Small Clone and Small Stone for less than I could buy one, I don't think Steggo could sell one at a competitive price point.



PedalPCB also had a sale (and in fact is running another 15% off sale at this point). I picked up several boards that I'm going to be trying out of some fairly boutique pedals that will make great additions to the lineup. In addition, a Ukrainian builder on Facebook was sharing gerber files for several boards as well, so I made a donation to the Ukraine and had my first boards made up. So far I've validated two of the six boards. Both prototypes worked beautifully and will be making the cut and going into production! One will likely be Steggo's least expensive pedal, and the pedal artwork is absolutely stunning. The other one also has art, but it's a bit more fun (pictured below - yeah, I'm sure you can guess what it is!).


In fact with all of the new builds, the art department is still madly trying to catch up, and Tori Triceratops has told me to hire more people! At this point I've been using a mix of licensed art and original art from my wife - which has been a fun collaboration!

So what's a skunk works presentation without a list of what's coming soon??? Without further ado:
  • Cornish P2 in new dino-themed enclosure
  • Proco Rat clone / variant
  • EQD Hoof
  • EQD Space Spiral
  • King of Tone
  • TS10 Tube Screamer (Tone Geek Mod)
  • Aclam Woman Tone Overdrive (this one has one of the most awesome dino enclosures we've produced!)
  • Klon KTR (yeah, the image above was a dead giveaway)
  • A treble boost from a certain astrophysicist's rig
  • The Cornish G-2 clone is still in production, but not yet finished
  • Lovetone Cheese Source clone (Steggo and Rexie are posing with the mock-up below!)


We also have some restocks on the way:
  • Pterodactyl Phaser
  • Secret Spinosaurus
  • Ngexisaurus Fuzz (new enclosure!)
  • Thagomizer I (army green with Iskra resistors!)
  • Stone Age Distortion
  • Kloned Centrosaurus
So there you have it. Tons of new stuff coming from Steggo - hopefully in time for the Christmas season, because who doesn't want a dino under their tree!?!?!? Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment