Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Production Updates, Prices, Timeline, and Teasers!

Steggo Studios will have some pedals available for sale soon! I've been working in the background on the boards as mentioned in my previous blog entry - along with a few surprises because who doesn't love surprises! I've been waiting on enclosures from Tayda to arrive, and they hit the post earlier this week! So without further ado, here's "the plan" and planned inventory levels!


Ukrainian Army BMP: 1-3 will be available (I'm having to test an alternate batch of transistors for two of them). One will be available almost immediately, the other two are likely 1-2 weeks out. Price will be $120, with $60 of that going to Ukrainian Relief (likely Red Cross).


The Browncoat: Aion clone of Lovetone Brown Source. Two will be available, but are likely a couple of weeks out. Price will be $120.


The Thagomizer: Colorsound Power Boost with Vintage parts. Two slightly different variations in the first run because of a shift in the resistors (two brands of vintage resistors). A total of three will be available hopefully by the end of the week. Price will be $135.


Cornish P-2 Clones: One with Cornish bypass (gray), two with standard bypass (black).Price for standard bypass is $120. Price for Cornish Bypass is $135 (up from the original $130 - I'd forgotten what a PITA wiring the bypass was!). The Cornish bypass version should be available this week. The other two are likely a couple of weeks out.


Mini-Taur: Build on Demand! I have an enclosure and PCB set aside for one build at this point, but the final price depends on your desired part load out. For the early, late, and upgraded versions, the BOM price really doesn't change, so those all have roughly the same price. 

Early Mini-Taur

The Tone Geek Touch version literally starts with a fresh board, the values, and finds the best components to go in each one. The resistors are all now 0.1% tolerance. The capacitors are all film, mica, tantalum, polymer, with a couple of bipolar. All of the ICs are upgraded.

Tone Geek Touch version (production will be all 0.1% resistors)

Early (mix of carbon and metal film with bipolar capacitors): $125
Late (mix of carbon and metal film with regular electrolytic capacitors): $125
Upgrade 1 (all metal film resistors): $125
Tone Geek Touch Component Selection (0.1% resistors, film/polymer capacitors): $200

I will also take requests - so if you've seen it on my blog, I can build it. I'd just need to work up the BOM cost and get you a quote!

So that brings me to the end of what you've seen, but what else have the industrious dinos been doing back in the studio? Here are a few teasers of in progress and upcoming builds that will also be available soon!!!

Bullet with Moth Wings: Let's see, I like to make BMP clones... and the name is an allusion to a particular song. I'm sure you guys can figure this one out. I'm still finalizing this build, but I'm hoping to keep the price low as this is one is still in production. I likely won't make many of these because I'll essentially have to sell them at cost. It's essentially just a chance to get a fairly stock pedal in a cool case. Target price is <$100 - we'll see if I can actually do it.

Dimetrodon Distortion: Fun little in-house mod of a classic distortion pedal. I've built the prototype and it works great. I'm working on a more production-worthy version now and should be able to churn these out in volume. Watch for an upcoming blog entry on this one. I'm hoping to have one available initially at $100, but more will be in the pipeline!

Stego-san Overdrive: Clone of a boutique, limited production pedal using a hand etched board. The real challenge here is getting an appropriate IC. I've got a good stock of the recommended drop-in replacement for the original. I've ordered what are supposed to be some originals, but as they're from China, I'm doubting it. That being said, the recommended replacement version sounds great, and I'll initially have one available for $120

So there you have it. Brachiosaurus-sized ambitions to get some great pedals in the hands of you guys out there, and hopefully somewhat support my build habit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment