Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Quick News Updates and Upcoming Production Schedule

The blog has been quiet for a few days while I've been working in the background on a few items, but I wanted to take a moment and give everyone an update on a few recent topics and make a few announcements. 

First up, as I indicated earlier in the month, I entered the StG-90 in the Warmoth guitar of the month contest on their forum. Well, the results are in and... I didn't win, but I did come in a strong second out of six with over 20% of the total vote (8 votes vs. the winning entry's 11). The winning entry was submitted by a previous guitar of the month winner, and was honestly pretty dang stunning. So for my first time out, I can't say I'm disappointed in how well the guitar did.


Next up, I'm planning on building a few of my Ukrainian Army BMP clones for sale. I'm keeping serial number 001 because it sounds so dang great, but I'm planning on making around three more of these for sale. I have plenty of diodes and LEDs that I managed to source from Ukraine, but my transistor selection is running a bit short, and I'm not going to resort to using Russian sources to find them. I think I've found some more in Estonia, but I'm really hoping that the atrocities in Ukraine end soon so I can give my sources there more business! My tentative plan is to offer the pedals for around $125 with $25 of that going directly to a charity doing relief in Ukraine - I just need to finalize the charity.


Also in the pipeline for (very) small volume production is the Lovetone Brown Source clone I did a few weeks ago. This one also has fairly original art on it, and a fun name to boot. I'm only going to build a couple of these for starters because they didn't cause much of a stir when I posted them originally, but I should be able to get them in at around a $100 price point. Given how rare the original is, it's a fairly screamin' deal.


I'm also going to be producing a few of my Colorsound Power Boost clones, the Thagomizer I. These are all running vintage parts, so they'll probably be around $120 each, but they're really awesome sounding pedals. I like using the boost by itself on some of my single coil guitars (especially my strat) as it really helps its tone through my Boss Katana amp. I'll probably build 2 or 3 of these for sale, and I'm going to put a poll up on my Facebook page to finalize the enclosure color (as there is a lot of military green in this first batch!).


A little further down the road I'll be offering a few of my Cornish P-2 clones as well. I'll do ones both with and without the Cornish bypass. The ones with the Cornish bypass will have the matte grey cases and those without will be in the black case. Price point on these is TBD because I have to negotiate the cost of the license for using the Effects Layout design for the pedal.


I also have my first semi-original design in the works. I say "semi-original" because it is a blend of two other designs. I'm working through the teething problems with the prototype now, but hope to be able to post the finished product in the next few weeks. I also have another new pedal that I'll hopefully have done next week that I'm building as a custom request. So, in summary, I've been busy, but not with anything I can post at this point. Keep watching this space as there should be a lot happening as we move into April!

No comments:

Post a Comment