Friday, May 6, 2022

Browncoat Serial Number 3 Now Available - $120

I just finished up Browncoat serial number 3, and it is now available both here and on the Reverb store. Externally this one looks just like the previous two. The only change is I'm using a different brand of 33n film capacitors I picked up from Pedalhacker because I ran low on the WIMA ones.


All of the resistors are 1% tolerance Yageo or Speer. The capacitors are a mix of WIMA, KEMET, and Nichicon. The op amp is a high-end TI TL072IP unit to give a low noise floor 


Each Steggo Studios enclosure includes the model and serial number. I'm going to start including the date on each build - this is the first one. Steggo signs both halves of the enclosure as well, as you can see from the photo below. 


I tried to keep the wiring extra clean on this one as my ribbon cable order finally made it in! As always, the input / output jacks are Switchcraft 111X, and all of the connections are wrapped in heat shrink to protect the solder joins. 


Serial Number 02 is sold pending funds, and I'm out of boards and enclosures for this model until a few pedals sell. As before, the price is $120 - which is a  steal compared to what originals are going for on the used market!

No comments:

Post a Comment