Monday, January 17, 2022

Component Organizing Day and Announcement!

Every few months I've generally collected enough parts to require reorganization of the stash. At this point I have a set of parts bins for diodes, ICs, and transistors that I use to keep track of everything. I tend to try and buy in bulk when possible to keep costs down, and I prefer not to have to go on hunts while building a pedal!


The photo above has my collection of ICs for most of the upcoming builds I have planned. Some of the more oddball ones I only have one or two of, but for more commodity op amps, I try to keep several around as you need them for just about everything!


Diodes and transistors round out the rest of these style bins. Again, some of these I only have a couple of, but others I have in bulk (1N914 diodes, a lot of the more common transistors, etc.). 


So why so many parts??? Well, that gets me to the announcement. I'm planning on starting to sell a few pedals (basically to support the habit!) in the not so distant future. It won't really be a true commercial venture, still "hobbyist" level builds, but I'm continuing to get requests from friends, so I figured - why not???

Watch this space for more details!

No comments:

Post a Comment