Sunday, July 10, 2022

Noventa Jazzmaster - Steggo Style - Finaly Done!

I made it by the Five Star Guitars to pick up my freshly set up Noventa Jazzmaster clone. A couple of months ago I'd gone through the full construction article of how I built this beauty, but I also related that I'd unfortunately gone as far as my tools and skillset would allow. I'd purchased a new neck directly from Fender, and the nut wasn't set up yet - it just had pilot grooves for the strings. I lacked the proper file set to finish the work, so I (wisely I think) decided to hand it off to the professionals...


As a bit of a recap - here's the final configuration:
  • Body: Split Jazzmaster® Guitar Body
    • Construction: Solid
    • Core Wood: Swamp Ash (the original Noventas are Alder, but I decided to go with Ash)
    • Laminated Top Wood: Flame Maple
    • Control Cavity: Top Rout
    • Neck Pickup Rout: P90
    • Middle Pickup Rout: P90
    • Bridge Pickup Rout: P90
    • Bridge Rout Type: Tremolo
    • Bridge Rout: Jazzmaster Tremolo w/ Jazzmaster Bridge
    • Mounting Holes: Standard 4-Bolt
    • Paint Category: Dye
    • Top Color: Black Cherry Burst Dye
    • Back Color: Black (Burst-over)
    • Satin or Gloss: Gloss
  • Neck - Fender Noventa Jazzmaster with Pau Ferro fretboard
  • Pickups / Electronics - Fender Noventa Jazzmaster with Pure Tone Mono Jack
  • Switch - 6-way Oak Grigsby
  • Tuners - Grotoh Locking Tuners
  • Tremolo - Fender American Professional II (upgrade from the Noventa)
  • Bridge - Fender American Professional II (upgrade from the Noventa)
  • Pickguard - Halo Custom Carbon Fiber
  • Strings - Ernie Ball Regular Slinky 0.10 - 0.46
I've only started to take this thing through its paces, but the set up is awesome. The nut looks amazing, and I'm really enjoying the versatility of the six way switch.


The photo above gives you a better closeup of the body and the pickguard. I'm really happy with how it all ended up working together! Now I just have to figure out what my next project will be... 

No comments:

Post a Comment